We have entered the New Year with a hope for healing, change, and peace. We all seem to desire peace in our environments, but we also tend to crave internal peace and a sense of contentment.
One way to create your own platform of inner tranquility, is through the power of the written word. Whether through e-books, audio books, or the oldie but goodie paperback, books are an invaluable way to feed your soul, soothe your mind, and strengthen your sense of self!
Based on the recommendations of the most well-known thought leaders, psychological experts, and from the shelves of our own libraries, we thought it would be helpful to share a list of some of the most read, and most well-respected self-help books that you can dive in to in 2021!
- The Alchemist – By Paulo Coelho. A focus on spiritual enlightenment and increasing self-awareness.
- The Wisdom of The Enneagram – By Don Riso and Russ Hudson. A focus on overcoming inner barrier and discover your strengths.
- Year of Yes – By Shonda Rhimes. Despite the fear, find out that it really is worth trying something new.
- The 5 Second Rule – By Mel Robbins. Discover how the power of the ‘Push Moment’ can bring you to your best version of yourself.
- I Thought It Was Just Me, But It Wasn’t – By Brene Brown. Learn how our imperfections actually connects us and how to reclaim true joy
- You Are A Bada$$ – By Jen Sincero. Pardon the language, and find out how to identify self-sabotaging patterns to create a life you love.
- Eat That Frog – By Tracy Brown. Learn how to achieve self-discipline, while decreasing procrastination and avoidance
- How to Become an Imperfectionist – By Stephen Guise. Find ways to live outside the lines, where mistakes are allowed, stepping away from perfectionism.
- Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents – By Dr. Lindsey Gibson. Learn ways to heal from childhood pain and discover how to create healthy relationships in adulthood.
What self-help books are your favorites? What books have complimented your personal growth journey? Perhaps spend some time today sharing your list with those important to you. Reach out to us if you would like to learn more about how to promote your own personal growth journey!